|ABOUT US||RIBBON CUTTING||RENEW MEMBERSHIP||JOIN US|
ABOUT THE CURB APPEAL CONTEST
In an effort to help one Rochelle business improve its curb appeal, Rochelle Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors established the Curb Appeal Makeover Contest. A program to fund the facility improvements of one member business with a monetary grant of up to $5,000. All interested members are required to complete a simple application and adhere to the contest criteria. An independent selection committee of five, appointed by the Chamber Board, will make the final decision after reviewing all eligible applications. The contest winner will be announced shortly after the contest ends. The purpose of the contest is simple - to improve aesthetics and provide an opportunity for the Chamber to give monetary support to its members. Many businesses will benefit from their program.
1. Contest is open only to Chamber Members in good standing.
2. Non-Members who wish participate must first purchase a two-year membership.
3. Entrants must be the facility owner of record, or have written permission from the landlord and comply with all of the requirements and obligations of the contest.
4. Up to $5,000 will be awarded for exterior improvements only.
5. Applications must be received by: 4:30PM ON June 1, 2018.
6. Work should be completed by: NOVEMBER 1, 2018.
7. The business receiving the grant will be asked to sign a waiver of liability.
8. Contractors and suppliers employed by the grant must be members of the Chamber. If a contractor is not a member, they may become eligible for this program upon receipt of a paid two-year chamber membership.
The Rochelle Chamber of Commerce is committed to helping small businesses. Whether it’s working to welcome and market your business, connecting you to state and national resources or promoting your business through our Shop Local campaign, the Rochelle Chamber gives small businesses unique opportunities to grow. You can read more about our most recent resource below and simply click on the logo to visit the associated website.
With the dedication and support of the Rochelle Chamber, the SBDC is happy to announce that beginning August 17, 2018, they will have regular morning hours at Rochelle City Hall building located at 420 N. 6th Street. We look forward to expanding our reach to entrepreneurs and small business owners in Rochelle and outlying communities.
Through the diligent work of Peggy Friday from the Rochelle Chamber, we now welcome our additional supporting partners: City of Rochelle, Greater Rochelle Economic Development Corporation, Central Bank Illinois, First State Bank, Holcomb Bank and Stillman Bank. We have already begun meeting clients and holding workshops in the area.
The additional support allows us to reach people who may otherwise never see their dream of business ownership become reality. We plan to work with our partners throughout the year on workshops and other events to support the communities. Currently, hours at our Rochelle location are by appointment only by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (815-835-6244).